Globe RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Call to Arms - The Jihad

Go down

Call to Arms - The Jihad Empty Call to Arms - The Jihad

Post  brhhah Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:46 am

The Jihad

Year 1257. Sultan Hakim's power is declining very fast in the eyes of the Sarranids. Hakim, so far, has tried to avoid open conflict with the Swadians, who believe in Olo. Although in the eyes of Sarranids it's outrageous that Hakim takes no action at all against the so-called false god followers. The Sarranid Sultanate is split into two when Hakim's marshall Aaqil takes all of his forces, which count around three hundred men, to his city Shariz.

Aaqil burns all Sarranid flags and declares independence, this causes many other lords to join Aaqil for his bravery and the right cause. Hakim is killed in a feast by Sarim when an argument fuels up. Aaqil has gained enough power and he knows that if he doesn't call out The Jihad on Swadia, then he will end up exactly as Hakim. Aaqil and Sarim both prepare for the Jihad.

How will this end? A Jihad when the Sarranids are in chaos? Even the two new-born leaders don't trust themselves. The Swadians, led by Knight Magnus Sturlisson, already know of the Jihad and are preparing themselves as well.

----------------------------
Alright, this is something new. Would you guys join in on this kind of roleplay event? If you would, then I will make it official. Right now I'll just see that does this roleplay event get positive or negative feedback.

Thanks,
cdvader.

Last edited by cdvader on Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:23 am; edited 3 times in total

brhhah

https://globe-rp.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Call to Arms - The Jihad Empty Re: Call to Arms - The Jihad

Post  brhhah Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:40 am

Note: this isn't Family RP.

The Jihad Rules
PK - Permanent Kill/Death
If you receive a arrow to your head and die, then you stay dead.
If you get two arrows in your gut and die, then you can RP as wounded.
If you die due a slash in the chest/back, then you can RP as wounded.
If someone kills you randomly, then it doesn't count. Jumping/falling off roofs kills you.

ER - Equipment Rule
You can not wield the best armor unless you're the Leader of a faction.
You can not wear the best shield and sword.
You can wear the best crossbow/bow and arrows.

More to come.

brhhah

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:15 am

Oh hell yes. I'll be Magnus Sturlisson, a Nordic knight come to join the Swadians in their crusades. Assuming that the Nords are updated in the mod so that they're thirteenth century, not ninth century.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:26 am

cdvader wrote:Note: this isn't Family RP.

The Jihad Rules
PK - Permanent Kill/Death
If you receive a arrow to your head and die, then you stay dead.
If you get two arrows in your gut and die, then you can RP as wounded.
If you die due a slash in the chest/back, then you can RP as wounded.
If someone kills you randomly, then it doesn't count. Jumping/falling off roofs kills you.

ER - Equipment Rule
You can not wield the best armor unless you're the Leader of a faction.
You can not wear the best shield and sword.
You can wear the best crossbow/bow and arrows.

More to come.

Can't wear best swords n' shields? Neutral

What if someone financies your stuff?

Back to top Go down

Post  brhhah Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:55 am

Cznielsen, like who? Very Happy

Socks, sure.

brhhah

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:51 am

Count meh in. I don't know who I should be, defend oloism? Or perhaps go freaking Saladin on everyone's asses.

Back to top Go down

Post  brhhah Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:24 am

It's your call. Smile

brhhah

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:30 am

oooooooh and we can have some assassins like in AC but so they dont random kill they have

1. Wear normal sarranid clothing so the wont stand out and if they're in swadian territory they can pretend to be a merchant

2. Must have a contract to kill any High ranking person both sarranid and swadian

3. Can only kill if under attack them selves; if this conflicts with rule 2 than this rule is more important.

4. Any weapon that can be seen must be legal e.g a bow and arrow can be seen only if their cover story is that they are "hunters" which they basicly are..but different prey.

This is all i could think of tell me if it sounds good or is a loada bullshit(<--allowed to swear right)

Back to top Go down

Post  brhhah Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:50 pm

Assassins must be really well roleplayed. Not just like "oh, hey, you there, go and kill this guy for me." and "Yeah suuuure, I kill without remorse for fun!" They should be more like "Oh, hey Assassin. Go kill this guy for me and I'll give you one of the rooms in my castle."

My point is that assassinations should never be free. Something should always be for a reward.

brhhah

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:10 pm

Yes and I think there should only be one (maybe two) assassins EVER! That way there will be more "normal" people and the assassins won't go crazy and such. (If there are two assassins one would be a master assassin and that would be the person that gets the contract but would then send the younger assassin to do the job if he so wished.)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:59 pm

If this is IG.. Who allowed this?

But if you are allowed Ill take the pos as leader of the Sarim Sultanate

Back to top Go down

Post  brhhah Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:22 am

Big news!

I've re-hauled the whole Jihad roleplay. Now, there are no "special characters". You begin as a simple soldier in the faction you choose yourself, if you die then you can make a new character. This Roleplay Event will last only a few hours or so.

However, roleplaying rules still apply. If you kill enough enemies and survive, you may be appointed the Commander of the current army. And there won't only be random killing - planning attacks out and taking strategical points such as a Village/Town, as this roleplay will feature Temuzu's/Hulksmash's huge map.

The only exception is the special chars I point out. Like Socks's Magnus or Titanshoe's Sarim. We still need a leader for the other Sarranid faction, which is led by Aaqil.

brhhah

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:29 pm

I'll participate if I can be a crusader defending Jerusalem against the Jihad, and when it is eventually taken, help to reclaim it in honor of our king (plus if we get to incorporate just a teeny bit of Kingdom of Heaven into the RP)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:33 pm

cdvader wrote:Big news!

I've re-hauled the whole Jihad roleplay. Now, there are no "special characters". You begin as a simple soldier in the faction you choose yourself, if you die then you can make a new character. This Roleplay Event will last only a few hours or so.

However, roleplaying rules still apply. If you kill enough enemies and survive, you may be appointed the Commander of the current army. And there won't only be random killing - planning attacks out and taking strategical points such as a Village/Town, as this roleplay will feature Temuzu's/Hulksmash's huge map.

The only exception is the special chars I point out. Like Socks's Magnus or Titanshoe's Sarim. We still need a leader for the other Sarranid faction, which is led by Aaqil.

Stin does not understand.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:58 pm

I will defend oloism with til my dying breath! A quick question though. If you die as a basic solider, can you come back as a new soldier?

Back to top Go down

Post  brhhah Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:28 am

Beer, yeah. Just make sure you have a new name.

Stin, basically you don't have to "apply" for this Roleplay. You can just join in and be a basic soldier. You'll eventually gain ranks, etc, if you survive.

brhhah

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum