Globe RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Permanent-Kill

Go down

Permanent-Kill Empty Permanent-Kill

Post  brhhah Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:38 am

Permanent Killing, also known as PKing, is a pretty vital aspect of roleplaying.

It opens up new storylines, etc.. Question is, how could one Permanent Kill? Perhaps you need to get the "recommendation" of two Owners (not including yourself, if you're an Owner).

Let's say I want to PK William. So I ask two Owners the recommendation to player-kill and they say yes. Now I ask William to a duel in-game and I defeat him. His character is now permanently killed and he can no longer use it. However, if he defeats me in the duel instead, then I'm permanently killed.

What do you think about that?

brhhah

https://globe-rp.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Permanent-Kill Empty Re: Permanent-Kill

Post  Guest Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:24 am

I say just let the rp run its course and if someone gets killed then so be it. I don't think we need a system for it

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:29 am

100% against this

Easy, you need to RP it well or..
You kill him, he's just Pk'ed.. But it has to have a VEEEERRRRRYYYYY good reason

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:53 am

This isn't necessary as long as the only RPers are good, hardened, RPers, who don't just let themselves go the instant they click on the 'Assassin' class. The problem is that in the cases of a few of our current roster, I'm not sure if they can handle this; I mostly accepted them so that the RP server wouldn't have three people on it all the time. Rules like this, however, would be almost impossible to enforce amongst such a crowd, I fear; you'd have to explain it to them every few minutes after someone kills someone else without being aware of or forgetting the PKR.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:36 pm

I'm thinking that if we're gonna do a lot of RPing for, say, a half hour or so, perhaps we could have a "kill" session beforehand so that peeps could get it out of their systems.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:46 pm

Perhaps after as well as a reward. Kinda like when me and socks went crazy and killed all non-oloists. it was great! also perhaps we can have some violent rp's like crusades where If you did you can just be a random soldier.

Back to top Go down

Post  brhhah Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:12 am

Yes that's a awesoem idea.

brhhah

https://globe-rp.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:27 am

Socks wrote:; I mostly accepted them so that the RP server wouldn't have three people on it all the time.

Well the problem is you accepted everyone as "Knight" "Foreign Guard" and such.. Or you just don't keep watch on what they applied for..

But I think it would be a better idea if we made a thread for it on this forums so other admins can also see, or talk to other admins and see what they think

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:55 am

Permanent killing should only occur at controlled events, really. Not normal RDM... erm... RP-ing. Events should have clear rules for those situations too, so that it's clear when you're permanently dead. No discussion about it. After all, if you permanently died IRL you wouldn't be able to complain.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:49 am

Beaver wrote:No discussion about it. After all, if you permanently died IRL you wouldn't be able to complain.

Permanently dead IRL?

How permanently?... why not just a "little dead" or "more than the usual dead"... If you're dead, you're dead... you can't be more or less dead than others. Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:30 pm

True.. True..

How about, this.. "You have to have a really good reason to PK" cause else people will be like "OMFG MY HORSE! FUUUU *arrow to the mans head*"

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:28 am

Cznielsen wrote:
Beaver wrote:No discussion about it. After all, if you permanently died IRL you wouldn't be able to complain.

Permanently dead IRL?

How permanently?... why not just a "little dead" or "more than the usual dead"... If you're dead, you're dead... you can't be more or less dead than others. Shocked
Picking on words, are we? And how would you know? What happens after death, ey? And what about feeling "dead". Or playing? Come on, let's not turn this into a philosophy discussion, nor a medical one.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:47 am

Beaver wrote:Permanent killing should only occur at controlled events, really. Not normal RDM... erm... RP-ing. Events should have clear rules for those situations too, so that it's clear when you're permanently dead. No discussion about it. After all, if you permanently died IRL you wouldn't be able to complain.
The smart thing to do.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum